Topics

Flamp Segment Fault using Scrip

Robert Stiles <kk5vd@...>

WT, So far I have not been able to duplicate the crash in this machine (MacOSX) going to need a full backtrace using gdb as indicated by Dave. Just for testing purposes try increasing the hamcast interval times (all four) by one minute. See if the issue continues.

W. T. Jones

GE Robert,

OK, on the increase in intervals.

However, so far testing has not resulted in a segfault. "Never happens when you want it to. sigh!"

I have it set to run at 0200Z tonight under the same conditions that resulted in the failure last Sunday.

I will get any information that I get out to you and Dave as soon as I get it.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,

WT
Real heroes do not wear capes. They wear dog tags, turnout gear, and badges!

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Robert Stiles via Groups.Io <kk5vd@...> wrote:
WT, So far I have not been able to duplicate the crash in this machine (MacOSX) going to need a full backtrace using gdb as indicated by Dave. Just for testing purposes try increasing the hamcast interval times (all four) by one minute. See if the issue continues.

W. T. Jones

Robert,

Just an update.

I did as you suggested and increased the intervals by 2 minutes. No change. The Seg Faults have still be happening.

Happy New Year!

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 5:13 PM, W. T. Jones <wn3lif@...> wrote:
[...]

This is an old issue but the segment faults with flamp have been resolved.

Upgrading from 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS fixed what ever the problem was.