From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> on behalf of Dave <w1hkj@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 9, 2020 3:51 PM
To: winfldigi@groups.io <winfldigi@groups.io>; linuxham@groups.io <linuxham@groups.io>; nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io>
Subject: [nbems] Editing the wiki

Wiki privileges are:

Everyone can read the wiki.

Administrators, Developers and Authenticated Source Forge members can edit and create pages.

Administrators and Developers can delete pages.

fldigi Source Forge administrators are:

fldigi Source Forge developers are:

73, David, W1HKJ

Randy Allen

I think you have confused a standalone Wiki on a specific subject and Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is, as you note, is highly suspect at least when used as a source of credible information on any subject out there.

Individual Wikis (such as the one discussed here, and others I use regularly such as the APRSIS32 Wiki) are not part of the Wikipedia project, are more limited as to who can edit (as discussed below) and tend to be very good sources of credible information on a specific (usually technical) subject.

Hope this helps

73

Randy KA0AZS

On 5/9/2020 16:19, P C Andy Anderson wrote:
This is why WiKi is useless. Any fool can change or delete anything. I have tried to VET things that have been said on WiKI and it is BS.
My XYL was a Librarion in a large high school and they blocked WiKI form the staff and student. As my pastor said, people could actually go there and change the Bible.

Administrators, Developers and Authenticated Source Forge members can edit and create pages.

Administrators and Developers can delete pages.

fldigi Source Forge administrators are:

fldigi Source Forge developers are:

73, David, W1HKJ

_