Topics

Desperate for Icom-7100 FIdigi setup guidance

Robert Collier

I've read/listened to many videos but need guidance setting up Icom-7100 for Fidigi:
Supplied USB cable from transceiver to computer
Icom DATA MOD set to USB
DATA OFF MOD set to USB
CI-V Baud 19200
FIdigi Rig set using Hamlib Icom 7100 and correct port, checkmark remains after initialization

Does this all sound correct; advice?  Do I need to "DATA" as the mode on the transceiver?  Trying hard, any help would be appreciated.
Rob

Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...>

I would suggest you use RIGCAT in FLdigi rather than Hamlib . Then download the 7100 file in the “rigs” folder at the Flrig download site .
Andy K3UK

On Nov 11, 2018, at 2:10 PM, Robert Collier <robcol@...> wrote:

I've read/listened to many videos but need guidance setting up Icom-7100 for Fidigi:
Supplied USB cable from transceiver to computer
Icom DATA MOD set to USB
DATA OFF MOD set to USB
CI-V Baud 19200
FIdigi Rig set using Hamlib Icom 7100 and correct port, checkmark remains after initialization

Does this all sound correct; advice?  Do I need to "DATA" as the mode on the transceiver?  Trying hard, any help would be appreciated.
Rob

N S

Robert,

I was wondering if you ever got your IC-7100 talking to Fldigi yet?   I should have gotten back to you sooner - sorry.

I have both the IC-7100 and IC-7300.  Both of which work fine with fldigi.  The easiest way to do this is to also install flrig.  Use the native flrig communications to the IC-7100 and then point fldigi to communicate to the rig via flrig.  This works flawlessly.

Norm

777driver@...

  How would one go about pointing fldigi to communicate with flrig? I have a 7100 also and cant get fldigi and flrig to talk to each other. Flrig will comunicate to and control the radio just fine.