Topics

Can fldigi Send CAT Commands to IC-7300?

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

I am on a few nets that use voice and data on the same net. When I need to send data, I have to change the radio to USB-D, then back to USB after the data is sent. Is it possible for fldigi to do this via CAT commands? I know it can change frequency and key the radio, so the basic capability is there. I would just like to build into my macros a command string that went something like

<USB-D> <TX> (send traffic)  DE <MYCALL> <RX> <USB>

Is this doable? If so, suggestions on how to accomplish this would be appreciated. Actual, usable, answers, please, don't waste everyone's time with "Yes" or "RTFM".

tnx es 73,
Michael WA7SKG

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

Partial answer to my own question. Yes, I see in the macro lists there are macros like <RIGMODE:mode> and <FLRIG:hex hex> which, I guess, incorporate flrig. I'm just not smart enough to figure out how to use them.

Thanks for any elucidation.

Michael

Dave AFA2HV

For me I have found it useful to use FLRIG with FLDigi with the IC7300, but it might be easier to send these cat commands using the Macro buttons when dealing with a mixed mode net....

DIGITAL ON
<RIGCAT:FE FE 88 E0 26 00 01 01 FD>

DIGITAL OFF
<RIGCAT:FE FE 88 E0 26 00 01 00 FD>

I used these before the FLRIG was updated.

73 Dave WB2HVF