Topics

<CALL>

khberkner@...

How does the program pick up the callsign to use in <CALL>

On my first try at RTTY contesting, the reply macro, which had <CALL> in it, did not provide an entry for <CALL> when executed?
I'm sure I missed an obvious step somewhere. Where did I go wrong?

Klaus KLKHB

Ed W3NR

On 2/10/19 6:03 PM, khberkner@... wrote:
How does the program pick up the callsign to use in <CALL>

On my first try at RTTY contesting, the reply macro, which had <CALL> in it, did not provide an entry for <CALL> when executed?
I'm sure I missed an obvious step somewhere. Where did I go wrong?

Klaus KLKHB
_._,_._,_

Did you have his call in the call box ? If not the macro does not work.

Ed W3NR

Ed W3NR

On 2/10/19 6:03 PM, khberkner@... wrote:
How does the program pick up the callsign to use in <CALL>

On my first try at RTTY contesting, the reply macro, which had <CALL> in it, did not provide an entry for <CALL> when executed?
I'm sure I missed an obvious step somewhere. Where did I go wrong?

Klaus KLKHB
_._,_._,_

Another hint, he knows his call, so sending it is just not needed. Keep your macros as short as possible.

599 <SERNO> <SERNO> is all you need.

Ed W3NR

501_Andy_VE4PER <ve4per@...>

in fldigi when you see a callsign and mouseclick it it auto enters it in log; I assume if a macro is run it will use that call

On 2019-02-10 5:40 p.m., Ed W3NR wrote:
On 2/10/19 6:03 PM, khberkner@... wrote:
How does the program pick up the callsign to use in <CALL>

On my first try at RTTY contesting, the reply macro, which had <CALL> in it, did not provide an entry for <CALL> when executed?
I'm sure I missed an obvious step somewhere. Where did I go wrong?

Klaus KLKHB

Marty Hartwell

Hi Klaus

A longer reply is that during the contact the person sends his call in the exchange, to log it

you click on his call, the software puts that in the log in the top window and uses it in macros

and such.

I hope this helps, another hint would be to have a copy of the users manual on the pc for quick

reference, also the online help can be handy too.

Marty kd8bj