Topics

BEWARE: macOS 11.0.1 #macos

Guy

Cuppertino moved my MBP  and iMAC to macOS "Big Sur" v11.0.1 overnight. Whoopie!
0930 today was our countywide Fall SET. The entire family of Fldigi programs opened as great white blobs of non-functionality.
Obviously, things did not go well on this end.
 Looking forward to fix in Fldigi "The Next Generation". Anyone have an idea of a release date?

73
Guy, WA3JZN

Dave

My advice is to revert to the previous version of the OS and disable automatic version updates.

David

On 11/14/20 12:10 PM, Guy wrote:
Cuppertino moved my MBP  and iMAC to macOS "Big Sur" v11.0.1 overnight. Whoopie!
0930 today was our countywide Fall SET. The entire family of Fldigi programs opened as great white blobs of non-functionality.
Obviously, things did not go well on this end.
 Looking forward to fix in Fldigi "The Next Generation". Anyone have an idea of a release date?

73
Guy, WA3JZN

Harry Bloomberg

You can disable automatic MacOS updates so that you can update on your schedule.  See the attached screenshot of System Preferences.

73,
Harry Bloomberg W3YJ

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 1:10 PM Guy <wa3jzn@...> wrote:
Cuppertino moved my MBP  and iMAC to macOS "Big Sur" v11.0.1 overnight. Whoopie!
0930 today was our countywide Fall SET. The entire family of Fldigi programs opened as great white blobs of non-functionality.
Obviously, things did not go well on this end.
 Looking forward to fix in Fldigi "The Next Generation". Anyone have an idea of a release date?

73
Guy, WA3JZN

Guy

Very true. However, until I open a third party app and discover the incompatibility, it doesn't really matter when I installed the OS upgrade. David, has done a wonderful job this afternoon getting things straightened out.

Guy

Agreed. Somebody had to first discover to discover the "glitch" and let Dave know. This time it was me.
Guy