Topics

Flmsg Transfer Direct

Hi Everyone,

One of the NBEMS experts here talked me into configuring the Fldigi NBEMS interface to Transfer direct to executing flmsg. With this setting the Flmsg doesn't open up but a window called Received Messages opens. I like it because it saves monitor space and automatically saves the received messages into the NBEMS/Messages folder.

What I'm seeing is during a drill this morning there were 22 messages received. I was expected just one received messages window to open listing all 22 messages. Instead there were 3 received messages windows and the messages came in randomly in the windows. This made it difficult to check receipt of the message.

My other question is if there is an error receiving a message will a message pop up letting me know there's an error and to allow me to open the message anyway. I haven't seen this.

73, Ron NY3J

Frank N3FLL

Ron,

I had the same thing happen, same drill in Chester County PA ,  one Received Msg Dialog window was open with most of the messages but four others  appeared in  separate Received Msg dialog windows.

Frank N3FLL

Thank you Frank,

This morning on the Pa NBEMS net I noticed that I received 5 messages all in one received message dialog window. I'm trying to figure out why sometimes 2 windows appear.

I think I have an answer to messages received with errors. One message I knew had an error but I didn't receive the dialog that said errors open anyway. I didn't know there was an error until I clicked view message. Usually a message with errors would have the name bad file but this one had a normal name.

73, Ron NY3J

On 6/21/20 8:58 AM, Frank N3FLL via groups.io wrote:
Ron,

I had the same thing happen, same drill in Chester County PA ,  one Received Msg Dialog window was open with most of the messages but four others  appeared in  separate Received Msg dialog windows.

Frank N3FLL

K4IVE

Howdy,

That is one setting I always uncheck.  It causes more confusion and is worthless in my opinion...

Kevin
K4IVE

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 8:33 AM
From: "Ron via groups.io" <rwenig@...>
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nbems] Flmsg Transfer Direct
[...]

Edited

Kevin ,

After being part of 2 exercises in the last week with 20 or more flmsg's  I am convinced the Received Msg dialog is the way to go.
Until about a monthe ago I was a believer in un-checking the "transfer" direct  box also.  Every fldigi version  has bugs and they
are fixed and I'm sure the issues mentioned here will also be taken care of.
I think it comes down to your personal preferance. The "transfer "  direct check box allows us to choose.
Thanks Dave W1HKJ for these programs.

Windows 10  64   fldigi 4.1.13   flmsg  4.0.15
73,
Frank N3FLL