Topics

FLRIG an ICOM 7200 and a fresh image of Mint #flrig

Brian T Schmidt

I am having issues with FLRIG connecting to my ICOM 7200. I have double check the data rate (9600), the CI-V (76), and have used the radio with HRD on a WIndows 10 machine. I will also attach some screen shots. Has anyone have any suggestions?

I had it working on a RPI and Raspian but image a old desktop with the latest image of Mint. Everything is working great except for FLRIG. I am also using the latest version of 3.1.49.

NI0P
Brian

Dave

Open the Mint desktop menu: Menu / Users and Groups.  Select your logon (if more than one).  Select Advanced Settings.

Open the User Privileges tab.  Check every item on the list including "Use modems".  Press OK, reboot.

David

On 2/2/20 5:37 PM, Brian T Schmidt wrote:
I am having issues with FLRIG connecting to my ICOM 7200. I have double check the data rate (9600), the CI-V (76), and have used the radio with HRD on a WIndows 10 machine. I will also attach some screen shots. Has anyone have any suggestions?

I had it working on a RPI and Raspian but image a old desktop with the latest image of Mint. Everything is working great except for FLRIG. I am also using the latest version of 3.1.49.

NI0P
Brian

Brian T Schmidt

Thanks for the info Dave. I tried that had a little bit different options when I went into Users and Groups.

Under Groups though I selected everything and reboot but I still have the same problem..

Brian

Dave

I always ran my IC7200 at 19200 baud.  Make sure that the transceiver is set to a fixed baud rate (not auto) and that flrig is set to the same baud.

Dave

Brian T Schmidt

This is weird. I have used flrig on other computers with my 7200.

They were both at 9600 but i bumped them up to 19200.

I don't see the "ser port" button. The drop down that i see to select which serial port says update..

still getting:

Dave

Any chance another application already has the port open?

On 2/2/20 6:20 PM, Brian T Schmidt wrote:
This is weird. I have used flrig on other computers with my 7200.

They were both at 9600 but i bumped them up to 19200.

I don't see the "ser port" button. The drop down that i see to select which serial port says update..

still getting:

Brian T Schmidt

None that are visible.

Is there a command to list anything that might be running in the back ground?

Brian

Brian T Schmidt

did a killall flrig in terminal but it didnt find anything running..

Brian

Brian T Schmidt

01:09:51.731 : setNotch()
01:09:51.731 : setSQUELCH()
01:09:53.159 : closeRig()
01:09:53.159 : E: startXcvrSerial: Cannot access /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_CP2102_USB_to_UART_Bridge_Controller_IC-7200_0206219-if00-port0

01:09:53.159 : init_rig()
01:09:53.159 : set_power_control() FE FE 00 E0 14 0A 00 00 FD
01:09:53.159 : check() FE FE 00 E0 03 FD

This is what I got form a trace.

Brian

Brian T Schmidt

UPDATE.

reimaged computer again since it only took my a few minutes. Did updates. Only other software I have installed is flrig but I installed it with Software manager this time so I have an older version installed and still having the same issue. Also change the USB cable just to make sure and no difference.

Is there some security in Mint 19.3 that might be blocking it?

NI0P

Brian

Brian T Schmidt

I think I might have found a solution. Need to dupilcate the fix to verify. Was a folder permission issue possible. The folder that had the silican labs file..

Brian

Brian T Schmidt

Did fresh install again slowed down and flrig is working. Wrote notes. Don't know what the original issue was.

NI0P
Brian