Topics

no hamlib on r pi 3b

Randy McGill

I installed fldigi 4.0.18 on a r pi 3b and it does not have hamlib included in the compile.  After I configure the program it says hamlib - no.   I installed and compliled the latest version of hamlib (3.2.1) prior to installing fldigi.  What am I missing?
n7wwa

Ed W3NR

On 09/09/2018 06:59 PM, Randy McGill via Groups.Io wrote:
I installed fldigi 4.0.18 on a r pi 3b and it does not have hamlib included in the compile.  After I configure the program it says hamlib - no.   I installed and compliled the latest version of hamlib (3.2.1) prior to installing fldigi.  What am I missing?
n7wwa
_._,_._,_

Did you run sudo apt-get build-dep fldigi first ?

Ed W3NR

Randy McGill

yes, I sure did.
n7wwa

David Ranch

Hello Randy,

When you built  hamlib and installed it, where did you put it?  In /usr/local/?  If you don't have that library path configured in your LDPATH, you can
tell fldigi to find it at "./configure" time with the shell variable:

     HAMLIB_LIBS

There are various threads out there about this:

   https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82853

--David