Re: Setting up Sylpheed account

"kh6ty" <hteller@...>

Bill,

From this page:

http://help.channels.aol.com/kjump.adp?articleId=217449

E-mail Application Setup Basics
Setting up access to the AOL� or AIM� Mail servers is simple, and the settings are similar for most e-mail applications.

The basic information that you need to setup using IMAP and POP3 is as follows:

a.. Your e-mail address is screenname@... or screenname@....
b.. Be sure to include the @... or @... suffix.
c.. The incoming mail (POP) server address is: imap.aol.com and imap.aim.com for IMAP and pop.aol.com or pop.aim.com for POP3.
d.. Check the box for Leaving messages on the server.
e.. The outgoing mail (SMTP) server address is: smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com, port: 587.
f.. Your user name is your AOL or AIM screen name.
g.. Your password is your AOL� or AIM� password.

73, Skip KH6TY

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@...>
To: "Ed" <autek@...>; <NBEMSham@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [NBEMSham] Setting up Sylpheed account

Hi Ed -

I was about to ask the same question of some folks for PSKmail, so I am
quietly watching this list for someone to hopefully answer.

seelyev wrote:
Could someone go thru the settings for a new email account on
Sylpheed. In particular, what do I input for "Server information" I'm
using a home computer and aol.

Thanks
Do you by chance have a callsign ????

Ed W3NR