Re: NBEMS Testing Wednesday

"travhardin" <ke3y@...>

Hi Ed (W3NR),

I was in there at 6:30 CST Wednesday and heard you well. Lots of other
stations did too. Another station and I moved down below you. Then we
moved again. Then we moved up to 3596. If I was the interfering
station (I don't think I was), is was certainly not intentional, and I
am sorry.

You may want to go back and read message #159 from KH6TY, one of the
program developers. Calling "CQ NBEMS" is the best way to start.
Beacon ONLY after establishing contact with ONE station. NBEMS is a
one-on-one mode, it appears. You must narrow the contact down to one
station by writing in the VBDIGI window. Then you as station 1 ask the
selected station to beacon, again by writing in the VBDIGI window.
After station 2 beacons, you -- station 1 -- will soon see station 2's
call letters appear in the top box in FLARC. When the call letters
appear, you -- station 1 -- then select "Connect". The two
transmitters will AUTOMATICALLY query each other a couple of times.
After both stations get a green diamond, either one of you can send a
file, and write coordinating messages in the very bottom line of the
plain talk box.

Any other stations on the frequency may as well move somewhere else
for an hour. The "net control" may want to let them coordinate on
frequency before beginning a transfer himself.

During the file transfer process, the program activates both
transmitters when it needs to. The received file appears in
C:&#92;NBEMS&#92;ARQrecv. File sizes of 500 bytes are appropriate for testing.
Takes about 4 minutes in MFSK16.

The method has worked for me several times. If the path is noisy you
may lose the green diamond. You simply re-beacon. Station 2, when he
sees your call letters in the box, selects "Connect" and the handshake
continues. (It doesn't matter which station beacons and which station
presses "Connect")

I hope if there are corrections or improvements to this the developers
will correct me.

Travis Hardin, KE3Y
Huntsville, Alabama

--- In NBEMSham@..., Ed <autek@...> wrote:

Bill McLaughlin wrote:
Hi Ed,

I see a a few there: yourself, WB2HVF, KI8AF and N4UM. Perhaps once
connected the beacon should not activate?

See colliding signals due to that. Signals from all were very good but
a bit congested.

73,

Bill N9DSJ
First off, thanks to all who tried to connect. KI8AF was the weakest
and
the only one to successfully connect. WB2HVF was the strongest, but we
never did connect. Then a MFSK-16 station opened up right on frequency,
so I moved up band a little. Only to be clobbered by a RTTY station
calling CQ. I have my TX locked, but I noticed my AFC had to move quite
a bit to copy some of you.

Here is the lineup for tomorrow. I'll be on 3578.5 +1500 at 5:00 A.M
EST
in the morning. If that QRG is busy Ill try 3576.0 +1500 and will CQ
and
beacon for an hour PSK63. The evening foray will depend on the YL's
plans.

I was dismayed to see that one of the offending MFSK-16 stations is a
member of this list. Hopefully the QRM was unintentional.

Good night all...73 and thanks again.

Ed W3NR

Using fldigi/flarq Linux version of NBEMS