Re: Big Sur Issue with flmsg

Bruce Bohannon WA1YZN

Thanks,

Bruce WA1YZN

On 12/13/2020 14:25, Nigel Gunn, G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
Big Sur is the latest incarnation of the Apple Mac OS.
On 13/12/2020 14:18 Bruce Bohannon WA1YZN <ham.bo@...> wrote:

what is BIG SUR and what operating system is it on?

I'm gueesing it's not on Windows.

Bruce WA1YZN

On 12/13/2020 13:48, Rick Shuster wrote:
Dave,

I did followed the procedure you outlined multiple times when install flmsg 4.0.17.01 from http://www.w1hkj.com/bigsur/.  It stills ends opening flmsg with a blank window as shown in my attachment.

I have discovered that with the blank flmsg window open that by mousing over the known button areas that the button outlines do pop up, without any text field.  Further by blindly selecting the various buttons I can Select a ICS Form, Open a ICS message, and AutoSend the message and all works as expected.

With the exception of not displaying text for the various button fields flmsg seems to be working.  Any additional guidance is appreciated.

 Rick - WD8SAB
On 12/12/2020 10:12 PM Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

Drag the flmsg icon to the trash can on the launch bar.

David

On 12/12/20 7:56 PM, Martha Pummer via groups.io wrote:
I had the same problem switching from Catalina to Big Sur. When I looked at the date of the files I downloaded I saw that the FLMSG showed up as an earlier version, even tho I downloaded the current one with the Nov 23rd date it showed up as an Oct 2 version . ??  I ended up getting these instructions from W1HKJ.
1) Delete the binary in /Applications
2) Delete the downloaded dmg (Flmsg) and download it again.   http://www.w1hkj.com/bigsur/flmsg-4.0.17.01_x86_64_x86_64_bs.dmg
3) Install using the dmg file.

I have been unable to proceed because I am not sure how to find and delete the binary mentioned in step 1.  I just don't know enough about how the Macs and Fldigi files are set up.

Martha- K1VJ

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel@... www http://www.ngunn.net