Re: AndFlmsg

Craig Lundborg

Ole,
    I have tried to keep things very simple so both the Ares and EYEWARN  participants in an exercise get used to using either a tablet or phone with the HT... usually we are using the ICS 213 or the general message with a pic, as we want the members getting used to the standard forms.
   In training, they pick up quickly which mode is best to send either simplex or if they are under a time constraint for a repeater that could time out.
   During an exercise I have put the Mobile unit on in the truck, laid the Amazon Fire on the floor under it and check back every hour or so while being busy on the Portable EOC radios.
   We even had our one iphone participant actually recording the message from his HT and turn around  and relay it into the HT to get the message across County!
   Our neighbor in Curry County participates and I have sent a msg on my HF base unit with a tablet and Brookings was able to receive on the regular FLDIGI Suite and pass message on to anywhere.
  We run two Nets... ARES and EYEWARN ( www.CoosCountyEYEWARN.com ) both usually have an VHF net control that can receive AndFlmsg ... the wonderful advantage is it only takes about 15minutes to show a participant how to save, resend by email, or print a message.
    I also find this format introduces the hams to digital, is less intimidating, with no cost... after they are comfortable, they look into the other formats available.
www.cooscountyeyewarn.com

From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> on behalf of Ole Helgerson KI7MBR <olehelgerson@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 7:53 PM
To: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nbems] AndFlmsg

Hi Craig,

Greetings to Coos County from Skamania county.

A couple of questions if I could re windshield reports.  Do you use standard ICS forms, your own custom forms? 

What does the data flow look like from the observer with HT+Android to presumably EOC?

Are you using audio connection between phone and HT? Easy Digi or other interface?

Mode?

Thanks in advance,  Ole, KI7MBR Carson  WA

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 6:29 PM Craig Lundborg <KD7CL@...> wrote:
Loving the program... i have given two presentations and over half of the group had it loaded and working for the final demo... wonderful program.
Just a note... for years all my friends that had iphones always looked down at me and my Android with that "Sucks to be you" look... lol...Thank you Dave for the format, we are using it for windshield reports and field boots on the ground during ARES and EYEWARN exercises.
Craig   KD7CL
Coos County EC

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join nbems@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.