Re: VHF/UHF dual band analog FM radio for FLdigi

Bruce Bohannon WA1YZN

Don't waste your time with HF in Cheshire Hospital at least. You might want to check with VT. They put ICOM 706's, I believe in the hospitals over there and HF was to noisy, from what I remember, in most of them.

Bruce WA1YZN

On 6/5/2020 12:06, Wayne Santos wrote:
Thanks Dave. We are looking those for sure.

Wayne

Wayne W. Santos
N1CKM
SEC
NH ARES
n1ckm@...
n1ckm78sec@...
603-856-5459
Twitter: #n1ckm78
www.nh-ares.org

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020, 12:01 PM Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

Don't overlook the use of HF/VHF/UHF fully digital transceivers such as the Icom IC7100, and the Yaesu FT991A.  I have both at my operating position.

David, W1HKJ

On 6/5/20 9:21 AM, Steve Bellner wrote:

Additional two cents...Here in Lucas County Ohio we support 9 Hospitals with Icom ID880s. There is a port in th back to connect a Signalink. It also has the advantage of D-STAR.The D-STAR mode allows us to communicate by voice without the local news and scanner listeners hearing what might be critical information.

Steve/W8TER

On 6/5/2020 8:32 AM, Mark Dallner wrote:
The Kenwood TM-D 710G would be a good choice , also.

Mark
AC9DE

On Jun 5, 2020, at 6:53 AM, Bruce Bohannon WA1YZN <ham.bo@...> wrote:

Hi George, I use a Kenwood TM-D710A/E. It works very much like the Icom they are using now, in that it has a dual band screen. You can monitor two VHF, two UHF, or VHF/UHF frequencies together. I have two of these radio's and I would not hesitate buying another one. The TM-71A would also be a very good choice. A little less expensive than the 710.

Bruce WA1YZN

On 6/5/2020 07:34, Ken Downs wrote:
I've used a Kenwood TM-V71A for years with great results on packet and NBEMS modes as well as
analog voice. I can't remember whether I ever used it in a hospital (high QRM) environment. I do
remember the Icom that New London Hosp has needed a good bandpass filter in the antenna line
to keep out the pager and ambulance vhf comms. I can not say how the Kenwood could compare.

W1KRT

On Fri, 05 Jun 2020 04:26:28 -0700, "George Blakeslee" <george.blakeslee@...> wrote:

Our New Hampshire ARES is looking to upgrade our hospital network.
We are looking for recommendations for a VHF/UHF dual band FM radio model that either has a data port for connecting a soundcard, or a built-in soundcard port, that would let us connect a PC for FLdigi data TX/RX.  George  N1GB