Re: MFSK16 bandwidth?

Chris E.

You could do flamp to xfer the files I would think but I don't have a lot of experience as to the best modes to use with it.

It has checksums to verify complete transfer.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 8:24 AM Dave Colter <dbcolter@...> wrote:

Thanks to all who answered. I’m surprised my own search didn’t pick up the emissions chart John posted. Gotta love Google ads clogging up search results. After looking at the charts on w1hkj.com,  and the Part 97 definition of image modes, I found that none of the modes in Fldigi qualify as image modes. Oh well.

The reason for the question had to do with nets. On SHARES nets (government frequencies) we are able to send digital messages on the voice net frequency (we use MT63-1K-L), which improves the efficiency of the net. There is no repeated moving off to a new frequency, retuning, etc.. The thought is that if a legal “image” mode can effectively send forms and documents, just like a fax machine, we can move the messages in-net as long as it’s low volume. We would do this until the traffic volume increased to the point where it’s more efficient to move to an all-digital net for traffic.

Back to the drawing board!

73,

Dave Colter WA1ZCN

ASEC, Training - NH-ARES