Re: MFSK16 bandwidth?

Bob Cameron

Chris/Dave/John

I don't know if this is relevant to your post, but be aware that MFSK image mode is not the same as data mode. There may be different bandwidths/rates involved. I stopped using it for images some time ago, finding THOR or IFKP gave a better quality image. That particular mode has a frame start tone well below the usual data bandwidth.

Cheers/73

Bob VK2YQA

On 29/3/20 11:20 am, Chris E. wrote:
I believe it is legal to use anywhere, but the sub-band areas for digital are almost desolate most of the time aside from the FT8 sprawl and PSK on 20m and a tiny bit on 40m.  There's so much space to use, putting it on phone segments will just get people going insane.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 7:55 PM JOHN UNRATH <unrath@...> wrote:
Got this from the FLDIGI site ...

On Saturday, March 28, 2020, 5:47:47 PM MDT, Dave Colter <dbcolter@...> wrote:

Does anyone know what MFSK16’s precise bandwidth is? Or its official emissions designator? I’m wondering if it qualifies as an image emission under FCC rules, thus legal to use in the phone sub-bands.

73

Dave WA1ZCN