Re: Custom FLMSG Red Cross form conforming to NTS standard

Wayne Santos

You are correct.  Dont use them on messages if the message is for someone or an agency outside of the Amateur community.

Same for 10 codes.

Wayne

Wayne W. Santos
N1CKM
SEC
NH ARES
n1ckm@...
n1ckm78sec@...
603-856-5459
Twitter: #n1ckm78
www.nh-ares.org

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020, 2:10 PM Al Massaro <almassaro1@...> wrote:
I have one question regarding the usage of "Q" codes, "10" codes, or any substitution in voice, or digital data. It is my understanding and I have been informed many times that codes are not to be used in Emergency communications. The following is a quote from a recently published AUXCOMM manual.
"All traffic must be “plain language or text”, authenticated by the agency official that originates the message and takes responsibility for it."
From all I have been taught and lead to believe codes are a no-no. Police and public safety however are allowed the use of codes.
AL M
KF5SMH