Re: Custom FLMSG Red Cross form conforming to NTS standard

Al Massaro

I have one question regarding the usage of "Q" codes, "10" codes, or any substitution in voice, or digital data. It is my understanding and I have been informed many times that codes are not to be used in Emergency communications. The following is a quote from a recently published AUXCOMM manual.
"All traffic must be “plain language or text”, authenticated by the agency official that originates the message and takes responsibility for it."
From all I have been taught and lead to believe codes are a no-no. Police and public safety however are allowed the use of codes.
AL M
KF5SMH