Re: Weather Form

Larry Levesque

The goal in my mind is NOT to send the code via radio, but just to send the flmsg form data via the radio;

CUSTOM_FORM,Local Weather Report.html
Call,ka1vgm
ObserverName,Larry Levesque
ReportDate,2019-12-15
ReportTime,17:59
Location,134 Farm Road
gps,
City,Surry
State,NH
County,United States
Temp,
Humidity,
Dew,
Barometer,
CloudCover,
WindSpeed,
Gusts,
MaxGusts,
Rain1hr,
Raintotal,
Snow1hr,
SnowTotal,
WaterContent,
WarningFld,
Narrative,
Barmtrend.RISING,
Barmtrend.STEADY,Y
Barmtrend.DROPPING,
sun,
rain,
thunderstorm,
hail,
snow,
blizzard,
tornado,
hurricane,
fog,
cloudy,
windcollected,ESTIMATED
Direction,
Warning,NONE ISSUED

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 07:06:33PM -0800, Al Szymanski via Groups.Io wrote:
Larry Levesque , Al Szymanski here (K7AOZ).
Explanation of my background to set a stage: Computer Consulting from 1978-1990, wrote about a hundred web pages the old fashioned way - no super-tools , pre-css etc.
I looked at your code and would like to make a couple of comments , hopefully taken constructively.
1) You have a div callled pop1 , which is never called from the displayed page that I can tell. Extraneous or Leftover data from original coding?
2) The CSS also looks to be extraneous.
3. Attached is an edited version with 206 lines of code v.s. 443 lines. [12969 bytes v.s. 18272 bytes ]
Since the goal is to send this code via radio , a reduction of almost half the size will mean a transmission time of half.
I am quite comfortable with old HTML and use CSS when it’s really needed ( rarely IMHO ).
Hope this helps.
Al

On Dec 15, 2019, at 6:22 PM, Larry Levesque <@ka1vgm> wrote:

I had to remove a lot of the file load/save and other script functionality for this to work.
Try it out and let me know what you think.

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 10:09:23PM -0500, Ron via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Larry,

To my rescue again :-) You made a report for the Bucks County's Pandemic
Drill a few years back and man was it a hit.

Attached is the form from Winlink that got me thinking. Hopefully I can send
files to the group.

73, Ron NY3J

On 12/3/2019 9:54 PM, Larry Levesque wrote:
If someone makes a crude drawing of a form with the fields I can create a
custom form

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:20 PM Ron via Groups.Io
<rwenig=verizon.net@groups.io <mailto:rwenig=verizon.net@groups.io> <mailto:verizon.net@groups.io <mailto:verizon.net@groups.io>>> wrote:

Thanks Michael,

That's what I was thinking. I usually use the WX macro and have the
METAR data pop up. Then copy and paste to an Flmsg. I thought it
would
be cool to have a custom form to enter that information from the
macro
or if someone had a weather station at their QTH then use that data.

73, Ron NY3J

On 12/3/2019 9:05 PM, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
FWIW, some agencies are gong with a standard METAR format, like
NOAA
uses for airport weather. It's a quick code format that includes
wind
speed and direction, current temperature, visibility, cloud
conditions, barometric pressure, etc.

Michael WA7SKG

Ron via Groups.Io wrote on 12/3/19 12:38 PM:
Hi All,

During storms in the area we sometimes send out the Storm
Report and
Severe WX forms to report conditions. I noticed that Winlink
has just
a plain Weather Report form. I was wondering if anyone created a
custom form to just report things like the temperature, wind,
humidity etc.

The custom form process in Flmsg is a nice feature. I just
can't get
my HTML skills up enough to design a nice looking form.

73, Ron NY3J

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

General Guidelines for Estimating Wind Speeds

| 30-44 | Whole trees in motion. Inconvenient walking into the |
| mph | wind. Light-weight loose objects (e.g., lawn |
| (26-39 | furniture) tossed or toppled. |
| kt) | |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| | Large trees bend; twigs, small limbs break and a few |
| 45-57 | larger dead or weak branches may break. Old/weak |
| mph | structures (e.g., sheds, barns) may sustain minor |
| (39-49 | damage (roof, doors). Buildings partially under |
| kt) | construction may be damaged. A few loose shingles |
| | removed from houses. |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| 58-74 | Large limbs break; shallow rooted trees pushed over. |
| mph | Semi-trucks overturned. More significant damage to |
| (50-64 | old/weak structures. Shingles, awnings removed from |
| kt) | houses; damage to chimneys and antennas. |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| | Widespread damage to trees with large limbs down or |
| 75-89 | trees broken/uprooted. Mobile homes may be pushed off |
| mph | foundation or overturned. Roof may be partially |
| (65-77 | peeled off industrial/commercial/ warehouse |
| kt) | buildings. Some minor roof damage to homes. Weak |
| | structures (e.g., farm buildings, airplane hangars) |
| | may be severely damaged. |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| 90+ | Many large trees broken and uprooted. Mobile homes |
| mph | damaged. Roofs partially peeled off homes and |
| (78+ | buildings. Moving automobiles pushed off the road. |
| kt) | Barns, sheds demolished. |

Back to links

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| CURRENT LOCAL WEATHER CONDITIONS |
| |
| [ Load Local WX Report Data ] |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Call sign: __________________ | Observer Name: |
| | _______________________________ |
|-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------|
| Date: [ ] | Report Time: (local): [ ] |
|-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------|
| Location: | Optional GPS Coordinates: |
| ___________________________________________________ | _______________________________ |
|-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------|
| City: _________________________________________ | County: _____________________ |
| State: ___ | |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Measurements used: [ ] Metric [ ] Imperial |
| |
| Current Condidtions: Check all that apply |
| [ ] SUN [ ] RAIN [ ] THUNDER STORM [ ] HAIL |
| [ ] SNOW [ ] BLIZZARD [ ] TORNADO [ ] HURRICANE |
| [ ] FOG [ ] CLOUDY |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Temperature [ -- ] °C HUMIDITY: [ -- ] % DEWPOINT [ -- ] °C |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Barometer _________ millibars Three hour trend [ ] RISING [ ] STEADY [ ] |
| DROPPING |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Cloud cover description: |
| _______________________________________________________________________ |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Wind Speed: [ -- ] KM/h |
| [ ] Estimated |
| [ ] Measured Direction From: |
| [ ] Select Direction |
| [ ] North |
| [ ] North East |
| [ ] East |
| [ ] South East |
| [ ] South |
| [ ] South West |
| [ ] West |
| [ ] North West |
| [ ] |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Wind Gusts: [ -- ] KM/h Wind Gusts MAX: [ -- ] KM/h |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Rain 1 HR: ___________ millimeters Rain Total: ___________ millimeters |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Snow 1 HR: ___________ centimeters Snow Total: ___________ centimeters Water |
| Content: ________________ |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| NWS Level: |
| [ ] NONE Issued |
| [ ] ADVISE |
| [ ] WATCH |
| [ ] WARNING _________________________________________ |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Notes: (optional) |
| |
| ______________________________________________________________________________ |
| ______________________________________________________________________________ |
| ______________________________________________________________________________ |
| ______________________________________________________________________________ |
| |
| [ Save Local WX Data ] [ Submit ] [ Reset Form ] |
| Form Concept by |
| KF5SMH Ver 1.4 |

--
Larry Levesque