Re: Weather Form

Ron

Larry,

Thanks so much, it looks great. Now I can take readings from my local weather station and send it using Flmsg.

I added:

<META NAME="EDITABLE" CONTENT="true">
<META NAME="MENU_ITEM" CONTENT="Local Weather">

After the <head> tag to make it show up in the list of Custom Forms.

Thanks again, 73, Ron NY3J

On 12/15/2019 9:22 PM, Larry Levesque wrote:
I had to remove a lot of the file load/save and other script functionality for this to work.
Try it out and let me know what you think.

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 10:09:23PM -0500, Ron via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Larry,

To my rescue again :-) You made a report for the Bucks County's Pandemic
Drill a few years back and man was it a hit.

Attached is the form from Winlink that got me thinking. Hopefully I can send
files to the group.

73, Ron NY3J

On 12/3/2019 9:54 PM, Larry Levesque wrote:
If someone makes a crude drawing of a form with the fields I can create a
custom form

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:20 PM Ron via Groups.Io
<rwenig=verizon.net@groups.io <mailto:verizon.net@groups.io>> wrote:

Thanks Michael,

That's what I was thinking. I usually use the WX macro and have the
METAR data pop up. Then copy and paste to an Flmsg. I thought it
would
be cool to have a custom form to enter that information from the
macro
or if someone had a weather station at their QTH then use that data.

73, Ron NY3J

On 12/3/2019 9:05 PM, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
> FWIW, some agencies are gong with a standard METAR format, like
NOAA
> uses for airport weather. It's a quick code format that includes
wind
> speed and direction, current temperature, visibility, cloud
> conditions, barometric pressure, etc.
>
> Michael WA7SKG
>
> Ron via Groups.Io wrote on 12/3/19 12:38 PM:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> During storms in the area we sometimes send out the Storm
Report and

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

General Guidelines for Estimating Wind Speeds

| 30-44 | Whole trees in motion. Inconvenient walking into the |
| mph | wind. Light-weight loose objects (e.g., lawn |
| (26-39 | furniture) tossed or toppled. |
| kt) | |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| | Large trees bend; twigs, small limbs break and a few |
| 45-57 | larger dead or weak branches may break. Old/weak |
| mph | structures (e.g., sheds, barns) may sustain minor |
| (39-49 | damage (roof, doors). Buildings partially under |
| kt) | construction may be damaged. A few loose shingles |
| | removed from houses. |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| 58-74 | Large limbs break; shallow rooted trees pushed over. |
| mph | Semi-trucks overturned. More significant damage to |
| (50-64 | old/weak structures. Shingles, awnings removed from |
| kt) | houses; damage to chimneys and antennas. |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| | Widespread damage to trees with large limbs down or |
| 75-89 | trees broken/uprooted. Mobile homes may be pushed off |
| mph | foundation or overturned. Roof may be partially |
| (65-77 | peeled off industrial/commercial/ warehouse |
| kt) | buildings. Some minor roof damage to homes. Weak |
| | structures (e.g., farm buildings, airplane hangars) |
| | may be severely damaged. |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------|
| 90+ | Many large trees broken and uprooted. Mobile homes |
| mph | damaged. Roofs partially peeled off homes and |
| (78+ | buildings. Moving automobiles pushed off the road. |
| kt) | Barns, sheds demolished. |

Back to links

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| CURRENT LOCAL WEATHER CONDITIONS |
| |
| [ Load Local WX Report Data ] |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Call sign: __________________ | Observer Name: |
| | _______________________________ |
|-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------|
| Date: [ ] | Report Time: (local): [ ] |
|-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------|
| Location: | Optional GPS Coordinates: |
| ___________________________________________________ | _______________________________ |
|-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------|
| City: _________________________________________ | County: _____________________ |
| State: ___ | |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Measurements used: [ ] Metric [ ] Imperial |
| |
| Current Condidtions: Check all that apply |
| [ ] SUN [ ] RAIN [ ] THUNDER STORM [ ] HAIL |
| [ ] SNOW [ ] BLIZZARD [ ] TORNADO [ ] HURRICANE |
| [ ] FOG [ ] CLOUDY |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Temperature [ -- ] °C HUMIDITY: [ -- ] % DEWPOINT [ -- ] °C |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Barometer _________ millibars Three hour trend [ ] RISING [ ] STEADY [ ] |
| DROPPING |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Cloud cover description: |
| _______________________________________________________________________ |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Wind Speed: [ -- ] KM/h |
| [ ] Estimated |
| [ ] Measured Direction From: |
| [ ] Select Direction |
| [ ] North |
| [ ] North East |
| [ ] East |
| [ ] South East |
| [ ] South |
| [ ] South West |
| [ ] West |
| [ ] North West |
| [ ] |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Wind Gusts: [ -- ] KM/h Wind Gusts MAX: [ -- ] KM/h |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Rain 1 HR: ___________ millimeters Rain Total: ___________ millimeters |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Snow 1 HR: ___________ centimeters Snow Total: ___________ centimeters Water |
| Content: ________________ |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| NWS Level: |
| [ ] NONE Issued |
| [ ] ADVISE |
| [ ] WATCH |
| [ ] WARNING _________________________________________ |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Notes: (optional) |
| |
| |
| [ Save Local WX Data ] [ Submit ] [ Reset Form ] |
| Form Concept by |
| KF5SMH Ver 1.4 |