IC7200 transceiver control

Dave

Philip Salley wrote on winfldigi:
Tom,
The IC-7200 is a fine rig for FLDigi work.

Over time I have found FLDigi rig configuration initialization can be seemingly inexplicably temperamental at times (pardon the double adverb).

I'm sure you have set the IC-7200 to USB-D with digital port as USB (of course this assumes you are using the 7200's internal USB sound/CAT port.)

Carefully examine all the parameters with particular attention to baud rate, and com port (Device) is correct.  Failing to sync then try adjusting RTS/DTR, porting interval, stop bit 1 or 2 (usually not critical with either 1 or 2), Write delay (50 or so), retries (about 3 is good), retry interval (200 or so).  retrying initialize after each change.  Make sure the Use HamLib square is checked.

Others are likely to suggest using FLrig, which is Okay though I prefer the simple approach using HamLib or rigcat.  RigCAT requires a 7200.XML file download for your rig.

Regards, Phil / K4PO

Let me add that the control features as implemented in fldigi/flrig may finally sway the decision as to which CAT method to select.  A comparison for the IC-7200:

Control flrig rigcat hamlib

selectA X

selectB X

get_vfoA X X X