fldigi-4.1.08 install problem

Roger Stapleton

I hope somebody can point me in the right direction on this problem.

I have just updated the system on the home PC from Scientific Linux 6 to
Scientific Linux 7 to match the work computer. Under SL6 I had fldigi working
just fine. On the SL7 system I downloaded fldigi-4.1.08.tar.gz and started the
install process.

./configure - once the missing libraries were installed it was ok

./make - runs happily until:-

.
.
CXX wwv/fldigi-analysis.o
CXX wwv/fldigi-wwv.o
CXXLD fldigi
/bin/ld: combo/fldigi-combo.o: undefined reference to symbol
'_ZN8Fl_Group4drawEv'
//usr/lib64/libfltk.so.1.3: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command
line
make[3]: *** [fldigi] Error 1
.

This looks like an fltk library issue. Checking what fltk libraries are
installed I get:-

fltk-devel-1.3.4-1.el7.x86_64
fltk-1.3.4-1.el7.x86_64

Which matches what the install notes say I need.

Ok, what obvious error I have I missed?

73

Roger GM0GKR

Roger Stapleton jrs@...
University of St.Andrews, School of Physics & Astronomy
North Haugh, St.Andrews, Fife. KY16 9SS
Phone - rarely in the office, use e-mail!
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland: No SC013532