From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of KC9SGV
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2019 06:24 AM
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nbems] GEO satellite for the Americas

With dismal HF conditions of late...

VHF/UHF might be the only reliable radio links in the affected area.

The aggregator gets dropped in onto a high point (parachute or helicopter.)

These VHF/UHF feeds now get uplinked to the GEO sat, then downlinked to the ops center, hundreds of miles away.

Go-teems with the necessary ex military skills will be needed for this.

These are the operating conditions of THIS proposal.

We really need our own ham band only GEO sat or two.

Then go-teems can uplink and downlink direct.

KC9SGV

On Oct 4, 2019, at 5:42 AM, Dennis Zabawa <kg4rul@...> wrote:

"Excellent Emcomm use in the mean time."

This proposal brings nothing to the table for actual "Emcomm" operations.  IF you have the means to move content to the aggregator for transmission from the satellite, WHY do you need a satellite at all for "Emcomm"?