Re: GEO satellite for the Americas

KC9SGV

The RAG receiver could also look like this...
Dish LNB to a further down converter into 70cms or 2M.

image1.PNG

image2.PNG

KC9SGV

On Oct 4, 2019, at 7:39 AM, KC9SGV via Groups.Io <kc9sgv@...> wrote:

Rent-A-GEO proposal from Michelle, W5NYV, at ORI.
$2000/month/MHz paid for served agencies, ARRL, AMSAT-NA, ......?
In the interim, while we wait for our own ham-band-only GEO sat(s).

<image1.PNG>

KC9SGV

On Oct 4, 2019, at 6:40 AM, KC9SGV via Groups.Io <kc9sgv@...> wrote:

FEMA, other served agencies, ARRL, AMSAT-NA, any company who wants advertising exposure, etc.
Not the individual ham.
On Oct 3, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Charles Hargrove <n2nov@...> wrote:

Who has $2,000 per month per Mhz of spectrum on a commercial satellite?

On 10/3/2019 10:02 AM, KC9SGV wrote:
The ideal is of course "ham radio all the way".
We will get there....
Once we have $5mil and years of R&D to get such a GEO sat up.
In the *interim....*
We have the above proposal.
At $2000/month/MHz on an end of life GEO TV Comsat.
We will learn lots about aggregators and GEO ops in general.
Excellent Emcomm use in the mean time.
See more at https://groups.io/g/GEO
KC9SGV

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 449.025/123.0 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan