Re: GEO satellite for the Americas

KC9SGV

The ideal is of course "ham radio all the way".
We will get there....
Once we have $5mil and years of R&D to get such a GEO sat up.
In the interim....
We have the above proposal.
At $2000/month/MHz on an end of life GEO TV Comsat.
We will learn lots about aggregators and GEO ops in general.
Excellent Emcomm use in the mean time.

KC9SGV

On Oct 3, 2019, at 8:02 AM, Ryan Tourge, N2YQT <ryan.tourge@...> wrote:

You can probably still talk about colonoscopies so it's kinda ham radio...

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 5:42 PM k4pwo <k4pwo@...> wrote:

Downlink is also a “commercial frequency”… none ham all the way.  Why not just use a sat phone that is much easier to obtain if you are going to abandon ham radio?

Perry K4PWO