Re: Problem with Mac OSX, FLDigi, and flmsg

Dave

Gil,

Visit the fldigi wiki.  You will find explicit instructions on how to build all of the flxxx programs from source.  Drill down on the HowTo link.

Did you finally retire your Indian?

Dave

On 8/4/19 11:10 PM, Gil Gibbs wrote:

Dave,  I have a lot to learn about Linux, Ubuntu, so I'll heed your advice.

Thanks, 73

Gil

On 8/4/19 6:58 PM, david flad wrote:
Gil,

Dave makes source available, and it’s been compiled under various Linux distros, as well as for a Rasberry Pi.

Just need to pay attention to the dependencies.

Regards,

David Flad. /. KB3YCK
Emergency Coordinator
Chester County ARES/RACES

On Aug 4, 2019, at 18:20, Gil Gibbs <WA5YKK@...> wrote:

Dave,

I don't want to be a bother, but has anyone developed a Linux Ubuntu version of this control program? I'm cured of Winders, especially 10, the "upgrades" wiped out my Internet browser, email Mozilla programs.

73

Gil WA5YKK

On 8/2/19 3:55 PM, Dave wrote:
I was able to replicate all of the reported problems, both on 10.13.6 and 10.14.5.  I will be posting a an alpha update to both flmsg and fldigi shortly.

David

On 8/2/19 10:41 AM, Rick Shuster wrote:

Dave,

I Upgraded the the following:

flmsg 4.0.13

fldigi 4.1.06

flame 2.2.05

Testing afterwards I was not able to "AutoSend" from flmsg.  Also, I experience an "Unexpected Quit" system message for flmsg once.

When I downgraded only flmsg from flmsg 4.0.13 to version 4.0.8 "AutoSend" worked as expected.

As before my system is :

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks for your help and support in this matter.

73 - Rick, WD8SAB