Re: Yaesu FT-991A and Fldigi

art upton

Edited

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 10:09 AM, Ron wrote:
my Kenwood TS-590S, if I should also use CAT PTT. Is there any difference in the operat
it depends on the mode and if its a quick turnover ARQ mode RTS or PTT "might be"  needed on my  991a and 891 to make it work all the time instead of mostly with VOX and playing with the delay settings.

I use FLRIG in Fldigi and configure FLrig to drive the radio. and I use Data mode , not Upper SideBand. I change data mode to others in the menu the others display offset to zero so that 1000 on the water fall is 1000 and not 2000. You may have to change others shift to15000 to get all 3000hz on the water fall.

I also set the RTS line for PTT for a few programs that wont work with FLRIG and use them at the same time. I specify the "standard" second serial port that exists and they work side by side programs setup for CAT via FLRIG.

I only use VOX on FM, as its not a data mode I also have to set MIC to rear. If anyone has a way to do 2 meter FM in FLdigi on a 991 without Vox let me know.
Art