Re: Yaesu FT-991A and Fldigi

Ron

Thanks Curly,

So I guess the consensus is to use CAT PTT and not DATA VOX on the Yaesu FT-991A.

I wonder, on my Kenwood TS-590S, if I should also use CAT PTT. Is there any difference in the operation.

73, Ron NY3J

On 7/7/19 10:00 AM, Curly Frazier wrote:

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019, 07:53 Ron via Groups.Io <rwenig=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I'm helping a fellow Ham with setting up his Yaesu FT-991A to use with
Fldigi. I'm spoiled with my Kenwood TS-590S which was so easy to set up.

Can a FT-991A user send me the radio menu setup for using the internal
USB codec sound device. I've seen suggestions about using the USB serial
emulator for PTT but I would think it would be easier to use data VOX
for PTT. Also I'm confused if you need USB-Data for HF and what you
would use for FM.

Then I'm guessing in Fldigi you need the USB Codec set for both capture
and playback. Also, I'm guessing for DATA VOX you do not need any serial
port PTT checked. Also do any selections in Right channel need to be
selected.

73, Ron NY3J