Re: Setting audio / power level proceedure

David Ranch

Agreed.  This method gets you the cleanest RF signal but you need to watch your soundcard levels carefully across reboots, OS upgrades, etc.  If your soundcard's audio output level gets reset to 100%, your radio and man other fellow HAMs on your band of choice will hate you until you discover you're splattering.  :-)

Here is a PPT I put together back in 2016 about the topic:

   http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/index-ham.html#hf-dig-modes-101

--David
KI6ZHD

On 05/23/2019 12:07 PM, k4pwo wrote:
The power level at maximum and adjust audio level for 25 to 50 watts for a 100 watt radio is the correct method.  With my TS-480HX 200 watt radio I can get up to 100 watts output without ALC action.

Perry K4PWO