Re: Raspberry PI 7 Touchscreen and Resolution at 800x600 #flmsg

Aaron Jones

All,

thanks for the feedback.  I find that no matter how i set my command line switch I can't get below the minimum geometry of 800x600.

HOWEVER - the alt key + mouse click to move the window helps a ton, I did not know that linux feature.

Thanks again.

Aaron

AG7GK

https://www.ag7gk.org

On 5/7/2019 1:14 PM, Brian wrote:
I have the same setup as you and here is what I found works:
1. Change the geometry when you startup FLxxx programs.  Most FLxxx programs support a -g switch.  See http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/command_line_switches_page.html for the command line switch.  I set mine to 750x480 (e.g., fldigi -g 750x400)
2. Use the alt key and the mouse to move the window around.  This is a Linux thing, not an FLxxx thing.  See this link for an explanation: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=264172

regards,
Brian
VE3IBW

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:46 PM Aaron Jones <aaron@...> wrote:
Hello,

I researched this a bit but couldn't find a thread specifically to use of the Raspberry PI3 and the Raspberry PI 7" touchscreen.  The max you can run the screen at is 800x600 resolution which is pretty small.  I have been able to resize the FLDIG interface such that everything fits by using fewer macro rows and smaller fonts.  However, when I run FLMSG I cannot get the full screen to fit so if I try to use ARQ when you open  the ARQ inteface on FLMSG it goes below the screen, moving the window as far above the title bar as you can move with the mouse allows a partial view.  Is there a way to allow screens to be further sizeable vertically below current limits?