RXID on FLDIGI

John Wilson

Looking at variations of digital modes that are out there, it can become very overwhelming to identify them and identifying them off the cuff is difficult when several modes show very similar characteristics in their pattern.

As I understand it, in FLIDIGI, with RXID on, it should display what mode is being transmitted for the modes checked on the ID tab in settings but as I put the bandwidth window on the signal, I don't always see the particular mode being transmitted. Rarely, if ever.

Is that because of poor reception or because the transmitted signal isn't providing the mode within its own transmission?