Re: CW Interface

Robie

Lee,

Here's some info that will help you understand what I'm doing and what is happening:

1. I use windows 10 operating system.
2. I use N1MM + for contesting and DXLabs as my master logging program
3. I use a WinKeyer for my logging program to rig CW interface - all programs
4. I built a MORTTY to evaluate as a possible replacement for the winkeyer due to its small size and lower cost. I have successfully used it with N1MM+ and DXLabs
5. The "sketch" that is loaded into my MORTTY is a "winkeyer emulator" as I understand. It is named CW Keyer sketch on the MORTTY web page.
6, N1MM+ and DXLabs recognize the MORTTY as a "winkeyer" and work well
7. I am evaluating FLDIGI (4.0.02) as a possible program to put in my "tool kit" of ham radio software. I saw that FLDIGI will connect to a winkeyer, so I figured that it would recognize my MORTTY like the other programs do, so I tried it. and have some issues.
8. With FLDIGI configured for winkeyer on COM 3, I get the following on startup of the program
image.png

9. I close the window that shows this message and  open configure/operating/winkeyer and find that the port has been set to NONE

10. I change NONE to COM 3, press connect and  close

11. the MORTTY responds properly and sends CW correctly. Macros, keyboard CW and speed control all work properly.

12.  I have to repeat steps 8-11 each time I open FLDIGI.

Robie - AJ4F

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 7:24 AM Lee Garner <Wa0uig@...> wrote:
Ok! Are you FLDigi Windows based? and tell us what you have tried so far.

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 1:17 PM Robie <ruler55@...> wrote:
Correct!

Robie - AJ4F

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 6:15 PM Lee Garner <Wa0uig@...> wrote:
Ok, good info. It's the virtual USB/Serial interface - recognized and accessed but does not stay selected in the GUI.

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 12:59 PM Robie <ruler55@...> wrote:
Lee,

Not the audio port, the virtual serial port (USB connection).

Robie -  AJ4F

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 4:09 PM Lee Garner <Wa0uig@...> wrote:
So it works with FLDIGI, but won't load the correct audio port on FLDIGI boot?

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 11:02 AM Robie <ruler55@...> wrote:
Lee,

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, I'm aware of the info you provided.  I have an assembled MORTTY that is loaded with the sketch that emulates WinKeyer.  It works with FLDIGI, but only if I manually reassign the port to which the mortty is connected and reconnect it each time I start FLDIGI.  Is this expected behavior with this sketch installed?

I could modify the MORTTY (small physical change required to support nanoIo) and install the nanoio sketch.  However, I'm not interested in that approach at this time.

Robie-AJ4F

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 3:28 PM Lee Garner <Wa0uig@...> wrote:
I mean....Robie

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 10:16 AM Lee Garner via Groups.Io <Wa0uig=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Robby, at hamprojects.info. not a secure site.
Mortty is a Do-It-Yourself construction project that provides a miniature enclosure and a computing platform for K0SM’s TinyFSK RTTY Keyer software or K3NG’s CW Keyer software. It optionally can be configured to run W1HKJ’s nanoIO software using fldigi.

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 10:07 AM Robie <ruler55@...> wrote:
All,

I'm a new user and would like to know it if FLDIGI supports the MORTTY device for a CW interface?

Robie - AJ4F

--
Lelia Garner |  WA0UIG
ARRL IA Section Manager