Re: FLAMP New feature idea - maybe

Randy

Comparison of HRD/DM780 to a combination of EasyTerm and Soundmodem is incorrect thinking.  EasyTerm has KISS interface and ability to transmit using FLDIGI.  See this link: https://www.qsl.net/nf4rc/EasyTermTutorial.pdf  It currently does not support ax25 with FLDIGI however.

UZ7HO Soundmodem is a soundcard TNC to operate packet radio with the same hardware setup you have for NBEMS.  As noted here: https://www.soundcardpacket.org/5modes.aspx

      Another option for HF packet is the UZ7HO modem (free)…...

I have not personally tried HF packet but this program combination does work on VHF and using these programs you do have error correction.

I don’t discourage adding to NBEMS but you can try sound card packet radio operations with your current hardware and work from there without reinventing the entire wheel.

Randy

KJ0RE

http://mit.midco.net/rpratt