Problem With Flamp

Ron

Hi Dave and the group,

I'm having a problem with Flamp and I don't know how to troubleshoot it.  It's not consistent so I didn't want to bring it up but it's a big problem especially during a net.  Here's my set up.

I'm running Linux Mint 19.0 Cinnamon on a desktop dual processors lots of memory and hard drive.   Fldigi ver4.1.02.20 and Flamp 2.2.05.12.  I've been keeping up with the Alpha versions to see if things get better.

So here's a few of the problems I have.  It seems to happen during busy nets and 2 or more Flamp messages were received.  Last night I received 2 Flamp.  The 2nd one I needed a fill of 5 blocks which I received.  When I was asked to send my Flamp I pressed Xmit and nothing happened.  When I closed Flamp, it closed but I started to transmit the Flamp disrupting the net.  I had to close Fldigi to stop the transmission.

Another time I tried to send an Flamp and Flamp shutdown and I received a message that there's no connection between Fldigi and Flamp.

Multiple times Flamp wouldn't open.

I'm not sure about this but it seems like my Flamp problems started with the addition of the message you get when you open Flamp before Fldigi and you get the message "start Fldigi before Flamp".  I think that was Fldigi 4.1.01 and Flamp 2.2.04.

I've heard of problems also with Windows OS so I figured I would post to the NBEMS group to cover Linux and Windows.

73, Ron NY3J