Re: FLAMP New feature idea - maybe

Steve Hansen

One thought that I've had would be to be able to set up flamp to respond to DTMF. A message gets placed flamp and then other stations can retrieve the message by using a fldigi DTMF macro. That then triggers the station holding the message to transmit it. Unlike ARQ store/forward this would permit multiple parties to receive the message at the same time.

This is a similar process by which simplex repeaters can accept and then relay messages. With my Argent simplex repeater I can store a message using flmsg or flamp and then another station can retrieve it with the appropriate DTMF command. Generally this would be done on VHF using the DTMF buttons on the mic.

73, Steve KB1TCE