Re: fldigi / flmsg Normal operation or bug??

Ron

Hi Al and welcome to the wonderful world of NBEMS.

There is a setting in Fldigi that will change the way Flmsg behaves.  On the Fldigi main screen click Configure, Miscellaneous, NBEMS.  In the center of the window look for "Transfer direct to executing flmsg".  If that is checked then all of your received Flmsg will appear as a list and you can view each one at a time.  If you open a blank Flmsg before the messages are sent then all of the received Flmsg will be in the list.  If you uncheck this selection then each received Flmsg will open.

I don't like the list because if you don't receive an Flmsg because of an error you won't know this and won't know if you didn't receive it until you go look for it.  I want to know immediately if there is an error with the receive so I can ask for a resend.  Some people like the list because if they only have one monitor the Flmsg will open on top of each other and will clutter up the screen.  I have 2 large monitors and as the messages come in I can stack them so I can see everything.

73, Ron NY3J

On 3/11/19 1:16 PM, Al Womelsdorf via Groups.Io wrote:
For starters, I am new to this, so keep that in mind.

When I receive a wrap message (typically msk mode), the message arrives just fine, and if it is the first message since starting fldigi, it will automatically open flmsg to display the message. Any subsequent messages will not be shown in flmsg, but the second message will automatically open another window showing "received messages" (or something like that), and all subsequent messages will be listed there. Also, all messages are saved to disk, so there is no issue there. The question is: Is this the expected behavior? I can easily click and view any of these messages if I wish, but because the first message received is NOT listed, it makes it a big deal to go back to that one. Should this window open on the first message, and then list all messages?

I am running on Fedore 28, and all 4 main parts of fldigi are build locally from the alpha source directory (fldigi 4.1.02.10, flmsg 4.0.8.04, etc.)

73's
Al   kd2pnr