Re: FLDIGI 4.1.0.0 LoTW mode field not exporting causing an error

Marty Hartwell

Hi

To be sure,  since there is not such version as 4.1.00, I would have assumed that same thing.

I personally don't want the alpha releases for daily use, if I am experiencing the issue it is correcting

then I will download, compile and use to see if it corrects the issue. Then when it is released as a full

full release then replace the alpha and retest and use.

Now since moving to the new condo and it is winter I will be operating mostly QRV from my car at a picnic

table.

I expect the original op was not to familiar with software version standards.

Marty kd8bj

On 2/28/19 9:59 AM, Bill Hamel wrote:
Hi David,

I’m not sure if the box you are showing pops up when you check for updates, if it is, what I’m seeing on a Mac is different.

If 4.1.0.1 is not supposed to be considered "the latest version" I’ll keep that in mind for future versions that are in the x of 4.1.0.x versioning.

Returning the message in the box you displayed would make more sense here.

I guess I got confused when I saw ver 4.1.00 which I thought meant 4.1.0.0

Thanks,
-bh k3tfm

On Feb 28, 2019, at 10:15 AM, Dave <@w1hkj <mailto:@w1hkj>> wrote:

Your statement is not true Bill.

<apjeacjpiapdeefk.png>

4.1.0.0 was and is an alpha version and it's numbering will always be in sync with the final distribution, ie:

4.1.0.1
4.1.0.2
4.1.0.n ===> results in a distribution of 4.1.0.

As an alpha user you have the responsibility to monitor either linuxham@groups.io, or nbems@groups.io, or winfldigi@groups.io for announcements regarding new distributions, or personally check Source Forge (or the w1hkj.com <http://w1hkj.com> site) for physical evidence of a new distribution.

The groups.io <http://groups.io> announcements always delineate what bugs have been fixed or changes implemented.

73, David, W1HKJ

On 2/28/19 8:54 AM, Bill Hamel wrote:
Not realizing that the Help -> “Check for updates” doesn’t actually check for updates since it kept tell me that no updates are available.

I manually found a v4.1.01 that says it fixes this problem in the release notes. I’ve installed it an it appears to be working now.

Thanks
-bh k3tfm

On Feb 27, 2019, at 9:34 PM, Bill Hamel <bill@... <mailto:bill@...>> wrote:

Good evening.

---
Fldigi 4.1.0.0
MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Tsql: 2.4.3

When I try to use Fldigi to automatically update LoTW I get an error that says that the mode is missing, In this case PSK31

To help diagnose I unchecked the box that says “Quiet mode [-q], do not open tqsl dialog in Logbook->LoTW

Condition 1
==========
When I finish a QSO and write the log a box pops up that reports

—-------------------<SNIP>------------------------
Signing using Callsign K3TFM, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 4
CALL: K5****
FREQ: 7.07269
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0206

Warning: Signing cancelled
No records to upload
---------------------</SNIP>————————————

Condition 2
===========
When I use Fldigi to try a LoTW batch by doing Logbook->LoTW->Export
I make sure I select the LoTW button so it checks the relevant fields
(Note that I also will check the “Mode” box and try it that way also since when clicking the “LoTW” button it does not check the mode box)
I then select “SEND” and the following log entries occur in the log file

Note actual calls masked with “*"
—-------------------<SNIP>------------------------
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 tqsl_getNumBand
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: rval=1
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: msg=Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode
Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 6
CALL: KG5***
FREQ: 7.07254
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0059

Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 tqsl_getNumBand
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: rval=1
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: msg=Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode
Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 7
CALL: AA5***
FREQ: 7.07232
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0113

Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 MyFrame::UploadLogFile: Log converted, status = 9, numrecs=0
---------------------</SNIP>————————————

Condition 3
I can get it to work if I do the following

In FLDigi Logbook->ADIF->Export

Check the same boxes that I do above using the LoTW methods above

Export the adif

From within Tsql do a “Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW”

And my log is successfully uploaded to LoTW including the Mode information

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill K3TFM