FLDIGI 4.1.0.0 LoTW mode field not exporting causing an error

Bill Hamel

Good evening.

---
Fldigi 4.1.0.0
MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Tsql: 2.4.3

When I try to use Fldigi to automatically update LoTW I get an error that says that the mode is missing, In this case PSK31

To help diagnose I unchecked the box that says “Quiet mode [-q], do not open tqsl dialog in Logbook->LoTW

Condition 1
==========
When I finish a QSO and write the log a box pops up that reports

—-------------------<SNIP>------------------------
Signing using Callsign K3TFM, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 4
CALL: K5****
FREQ: 7.07269
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0206

Warning: Signing cancelled
No records to upload
---------------------</SNIP>————————————

Condition 2
===========
When I use Fldigi to try a LoTW batch by doing Logbook->LoTW->Export
I make sure I select the LoTW button so it checks the relevant fields
(Note that I also will check the “Mode” box and try it that way also since when clicking the “LoTW” button it does not check the mode box)
I then select “SEND” and the following log entries occur in the log file

Note actual calls masked with “*"
—-------------------<SNIP>------------------------
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 tqsl_getNumBand
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: rval=1
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: msg=Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode
Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 6
CALL: KG5***
FREQ: 7.07254
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0059

Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 tqsl_getNumBand
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: rval=1
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: msg=Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode
Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 7
CALL: AA5***
FREQ: 7.07232
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0113

Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 MyFrame::UploadLogFile: Log converted, status = 9, numrecs=0
---------------------</SNIP>————————————

Condition 3
I can get it to work if I do the following

In FLDigi Logbook->ADIF->Export

Check the same boxes that I do above using the LoTW methods above

Export the adif

From within Tsql do a “Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW”

And my log is successfully uploaded to LoTW including the Mode information

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill K3TFM