Re: Waterfall much narrower than the visible range of the spectrum box

kd8ftr@...

without knowing the rig personally I would say data mode automatically adds filtering to cut out the outsides of the band. You can work in the waterfall in data mode or see the full spectrum in regular sideband mode. You should be able to transmit either way

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 12:41 AM, Bill Hamel
<bill@...> wrote:
Good evening. I am new to fldigi this may just be a newbie thing.

fldigi v4.1.00
Rig: Yaesu FT-991a
OS: MAC OS X 10.13.6
Digi Mode: BPSK31

With the FT-991a mode set to DATA-LSB (or DATA-USB) the width of the waterfall goes from 700 to 1300, if I switch to LSB or USB the waterfall covers the entire spectrum area which my view currently sees from 0 to 2700.

DATA-LSB or DATA-USB is the mode required for BPSK according to the Ft-991’s manual.

Is this the expected operation ?

It seems to me that I should be seeing the entire range of the spectrum that is in view or scrollable view.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

This is what I’m seeing.

DATA-LSB MODE

USB MODE