Re: Waterfall much narrower than the visible range of the spectrum box

Bill Hamel

Thanks for the response.

I’ve read the manuals to no avail and thought that’s why I’d ask here for some help.

Based on another response talking about notch filter I went and checked that which was off and isn’t an option in the 991’s digital DATA-xSB modes anyway.

What has me scratching my head is that I was watching the fldigi waterfall and manually on the rig changed mode to USB and verified the waterfall changing, then hit the notch filter and saw it respond but not to the degree I was seeing in the Data mode.

I then changed back for DATA-USB and notch filter isn’t an option in that mode and the waterfall still looked narrow. I shut everything down and when I came back later and fired everything back up it was working fine. I had power cycled everything naturally over the past few days which had no effect.

It wasn’t until I went to the 991a and manually changed the modes that something changed.

I will say that I’ve been changing the modes via the 991 and RIGCAT tags I use in the macros as well as within flrig.

All I can think of is that somewhere in the CAT interaction something got dinged until I manually went to the rig and cycled through the modes … got me <shrug> …

I’m not complaining bc it works now.

Never the less, thanks for the input . If this pops up again I’ll try to figure out what combination actually corrected it and report it.

Thanks again,
-bh k3tfm

On Feb 20, 2019, at 12:07 PM, k4pwo <k4pwo@...> wrote:

I have an older plain FT-991… your answer is in the menus.  You can select the data mode bandwidth there.  If I was at my radio I could assist further but I’m not…
The manual is your friend.

Perry K4PWO