From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Hamel
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:42 PM
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: [nbems] Waterfall much narrower than the visible range of the spectrum box

Good evening. I am new to fldigi this may just be a newbie thing.

fldigi v4.1.00

Rig: Yaesu FT-991a

OS: MAC OS X 10.13.6

Digi Mode: BPSK31

With the FT-991a mode set to DATA-LSB (or DATA-USB) the width of the waterfall goes from 700 to 1300, if I switch to LSB or USB the waterfall covers the entire spectrum area which my view currently sees from 0 to 2700.

DATA-LSB or DATA-USB is the mode required for BPSK according to the Ft-991’s manual.

Is this the expected operation ?

It seems to me that I should be seeing the entire range of the spectrum that is in view or scrollable view.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

This is what I’m seeing.

DATA-LSB MODE

USB MODE