Re: Getting up to speed on operating with fldigi?

Ed W3NR

On 2/13/19 3:04 PM, Frank wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 11:50 AM, Ed W3NR wrote:
Use the arrow buttons to adjust the power.
That was pretty clear, I was wondering what would be an average numeric value for that ATTN window to bring the rig's 100 watts down to ~30 watts. Based on watching the IC-7300's Power Out bar graph while transmitting, it appears as though -7.6 dB in FLdigi's TX level attenuator window should put me somewhere around 30 watts. If that sounds wildly different from what other people use for a transceiver of this class, that would be interesting to know.

I tried responding to a CQ, and logged my first PSK31 QSO -- actually with an op who is only about 10 miles away. With more distant hams, I typically see a lot of gibberish characters mixed into the text (sometimes it's more gibberish than text). Is that common? I think the transceiver and antenna are pretty decent. Anything else to tweak within FLdigi? Or is noise due to band conditions and so on just part of life?
_._,_._,_

Adjust the slider on the right side just above the SQL button.

This may answer a lot of your questions::

http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/index.html

Ed