Re: Getting up to speed on operating with fldigi?

Steve Bellner

Frank,

This has nothing to do with what you are talking about however, I have a blind friend who uses a MAC. He needs help installing and operating FLmsg and FLdigi. I am not computer savvy. Would you mind if I contact you and get some help getting him operational? He does not know if it will work with MAC.

Please consider this a request to help install and get him operational.

73,

Steve, W8TER

On 2/11/2019 11:18 AM, Frank wrote:
I got my ham license just under a year ago, started using FT8 with WSJT-X exclusively, and managed to get DXCC done in about seven months. Now I'm interested in using fldigi to expand into other modes.

I have fldigi-4.1.00 installed on my MacBook Pro running Mojave, and since my IC-7300 was already set up for digital it seems to be talking to fldigi successfully (changing frequency on either changes it on the other, etc). So far I've browsed around a little with listening to CW, which seemed somewhat successful although the decodes exhibited a lot of noise.

Beyond that, I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Most of the tutorials I've run across seem to focus more on setup/configuration rather than operating. Is there anything good to read, or videos to look at, besides the essentials in the beginner's guide at http://www.w1hkj.com/beginners.html? For example, as just one question, what are the modes most popular with fldigi users these days, and where in the bands would I look for them?

Thanks and 73,

Frank k6fod