Re: Tuesday 3/4 1800 & 0100 Z

Travis Hardin <ke3y@...>

Tim,
I saw you on air Monday but I was using another program. Domino.

I will be there tonight (Tuesday) at 0100Z. MFSK16.

For the rest of you, I WILL ALSO BEACON TODAY AT NOON CST (1800z). Same details, MFSK16. After establishing contact, I will ask if you want to go to PSK125, the fastest mode available in my NBEMS software, for the file transfer.

Beaconing with a slow mode gives enough time to tune in. Beaconing with PSK125 doesn't give time to tune in the signal, especially if you beacon further apart than 15 seconds. That's my experience. Looking forward to copying someone. I will have a 4KByte com file, TED.COM, ready to transmit for the test.

Travis Hardin KE3Y
Huntsville, Alabama

tim.n4um wrote:

Hello everybody. I'm a real newbie at NBEMS but would like to become
more familiar with it. I'll make a special effort to be on 10.137 plus
1.5 audio at 0100Z for the next week or so. I'll be beaconing on
MFSK. I can't make it this evening but will be on beginning tomorrow
night (Tuesday night EST). If you'd like to set up a sked for some
other time and frequency please e-mail me.

Tim, N4UM

Messages in this topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NBEMSham/message/147;_ylc=X3oDMTMzYjZ1ZTRvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxNDU0Nzk3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAMxNDcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjA0NTc3MjI0BHRwY0lkAzE0Nw--> (1) <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NBEMSham/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwZWpxNHA2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxNDU0Nzk3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAMxNDcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjA0NTc3MjI0?act=reply&messageNum=147>