Re: Super large FLDIGI modes test

kd9xb

Daniel,

Thank you for this comprehensive research.

My Shortwave Radiogram project, and its predecessor VOA Radiogram (2012-2017), have also compared modes, although in a less controlled environment. We send  digital modes on shortwave broadcast transmitters. The transmitters are in AM modes, but reception can be in AM, USB, or LSB. Reception is even possible on cheap portable shortwave radios with no SSB capability -- as long as the audio reaches a PC with Fldigi or an Android device with TIVAR or AndFlmsg.

In a shortwave broadcast environment. we have found that MFSK32 and MFSK64 offer the best combination of speed and performance, and they can be used for images as well as text.

Shortwave Radiogram this weekend will include Olivia 64-2000, Olivia 32-2000, and Olivia 16-2000, as well as our usual MFSK32 and MFSK64. We will also transmit an interesting waterfall graphic. (Reception of at least one of the broadcasts should be possible in Brazil.)

Details here:
http://swradiogram.net/post/180168209367/shortwave-radiogram-16-18-november-2018

See results from listeners at @SWRadiogram or https://twitter.com/swradiogram

Kim