From: nbems@groups.io [mailto:nbems@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Cameron
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 4:39 AM
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nbems] Macro with modem changes

Hi Randy

Basically any modem change resets/clears the timer. I ended up using fldigi-shell and a bash script to create timed events with multiple modem types.

I'll admit I haven't fully read your post, I only saw the TIMER problem.

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

On 06/11/18 10:59, Randy wrote:

Greetings,

I was attempting to create a testing macro for different modems.  I do not get the expected results.  I start with fldigi set to mt63-2kl and transmit the macro shown below.  It starts in mt63 as expected, changes to 8psk1000f as expected but then reverts to mt63, then to 8psk500f to transmit the final “Modem returned to MT63-2KL” and finally leaves the system in 8psk500f.

Attempting to use a <TIMER:60> at the end is ignored.

// Macro # 26

/$ 25 TESTINGMACROORDER

    <INCR>

    THIS IS A TEST OF RSID WITH FLDIGI STARTING IN\n

    MT63-2KL AND SEQUENCING 3 MODES\n

    8PSK1000F NEXT 8PSK500F TO FOLLOW THAT\n

    \n

    <!IDLE:2>    <!MODEM:NULL>    <!IDLE:2>    <!MODEM:8PSK1000F>

    THIS SHOULD NOW BE TRANSMITTING 8PSK1000F\n

    \n

    8PSK500F NEXT AND RETURN TO MT63-2KL\n

    \n

    <!MODEM:NULL>    <!IDLE:2>    <!MODEM:8PSK500F>

    THIS SHOULD NOW TRANSMIT 8PSK500F\n

    \n

    AND NEXT SHOULD RETURN THE SYSTEM TO MT63-2KL AS WE STARTED

    <!IDLE:2>    <!MODEM:NULL>    <!IDLE:2>    <!MODEM:MT63-2KL>

    Modem returned to MT63-2KL\n

    <TX><RX>

Do I interpret the instructions incorrectly? Is there a max length to macros? Do inline commands negate repeating timer commands?

Randall L. Pratt

KJ0RE

Http:\\mit.midco.net\rpratt