Re: Automating FLDIGI From Another Application

Bob Cameron

Possibly fldigi-shell?

For example launch (or leave running) fldigi then have it run a numbered macro using fldigi-shell. I do this regularly from a Linux shell script, but it should also work from Windows (perl).

Example;

fldigi-shell -c "main.run_macro 44"

Runs the macro from macros.mdf (the default) that is specified by /$ 44

In your case the macro would be written to TX the relevant CSV file, plus any other setup info like modem to use, operating freq etc. Only issue would be if more than one CSV is generated per fldigi TX session. A shell command within the macro could be used to handle/queue for this case. There would be no need to kill the fldigi instance.

flamp under fldigi can also be used to automate sending (say) the contents of a directory. I use to use this to send jpg images and compressed gpx files as I travel. In your case date stamped CSV's that a shell script ages (removes old) would work.

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

On 30/09/18 06:49, kk5it@... wrote:
Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I did not see it. Can FLDIGI (once configured of course), be automated by specifying something like the path to the executable and one or more arguments for sending a csv file?

The scenario is for an event we support tracking 100 runners. The net control station has a laptop they do tracking on in Excel. The race team built a macro that generates a web page from the data and uploads it to the race website so crew and support staff can track runners via internet. Where we are there on the course, there is no cellular/internet service so I was wondering if I could setup something and build it into the same macro they use as an extra step that could call FLDIGI, send the file, and close FLDIGI.

Otherwise, I am guessing I could just update their Excel macro to also output a csv file and then build a macro in FLDIGI usingĀ <FILE:> and then let net control to pick the csv outputted by Excel to send?
_._,_._,_