Re: Using FLDIGI with Vertex VX-1700
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thank you so much Dave! I was digging into the documentation for FT-857 and VX-1700 as I received your e-mail!
I have contacted my friend, he will get back to me as soon as he has the time to test this.
Em seg, 24 de set de 2018 às 09:09, Dave <w1hkj@...
I have created a rigcat transceiver control definition file,
VX1700.xml, for your friend to test. The file is attached. I have
also attached a Yaesu pdf document that contains the CAT command and
H/W setup required to use CAT with the VX1700. He is probably
already aware of the need to set internal jumpers for CAT / GPS
use. Both use the same rear panel DATA port.
- copy the vx1700.xml file to the directory $HOME/.fldigi/rigs/
- start fldigi and configure the transceiver control to use
- The control parameters will be read from the vx1700.xml file,
but can be modified if necessary
I did not find any requirements for setting either DTR or RTS in
the Yaesu CAT document.
- Make sure that the "Use RigCAT" control is selected
- Open the fldigi events dialog (Help / Events) and set the
recording level to DEBUG.
- and then press the "Initialize" button.
The serial port initialization and serial i/o should be recorded
in the event log. That log is also written to the file
If necessary I could log on to your friends computer using Team
73, David, W1HKJ
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.