Re: Narrow Band Emergency Messages

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

Nice to see all the folks using NBEMS, but all I see referenced is NBEMS and fldigi. Why does almost nobody specify which actual mode they are using? PSK31, MT63, Olivia, RTTY, and tons more are part of  the fldigi suite. The few nets I have run into so far have used MT63 and MFSK-32. Locally, we have found MT63 to be pretty good and use it on both HF and 2 meters. We use fldigi and flmsg, but have not used flamp. There are a lot of State people who are absolutely unwavering on WinLink and pressure to use only that format. The drawback we find is WinLink seems to be strictly point-to-point, where only the two stations involved can see the traffic. That does not allow other stations to copy and provide fills or relay if necessary.

So, is there any one mode that seems to stand out we should try to standardize on? For those who have previously commented that you are actively using NBEMS, would you mind sharing what modes you are actually using?

tnx es 73,
Michael WA7SKG