Shortwave Radiogram 27-30 July includes an 8PSK125F experiment

kd9xb

Shortwave Radiogram this weekend includes an experiment with 8PSK125F

Shortwave Radiogram is always transmitted in AM, but it can be received in AM, USB, or LSB.

The phase shifting in PSK might not work well if the  lower and upper sidebands are not in sync. Therefore, we hypothesize that the decode of a PSK mode will be better if received in USB or LSB rather than AM.  On this weekend's show, we will try both ...

Minutes into the 30-minute broadcast:
 1:37  MFSK32: Program preview
 2:57  Slow Scan Radio* and SSTV from the ISS
 9:34  8PSK125F: VOA story about water under Mars**
11:26  8PSK125F: DW story about water under Mars***
14:05  MFSK64: Cooling devices and global warming*
21:22  Images of the week*
28:39  MFSK32: Closing announcements

* with image(s)

** Use AM mode